The Arc relies on volunteers throughout the community to help in its mission of expanding opportunities for people with disabilities. From community service projects, fundraising events, and holiday celebrations, we always need and welcome additional helping hands.
We need volunteers throughout the year for various events and activities. Student volunteers are welcome. Events include:
- MLK Days of Service with our local schools! Projects include making meals for the homeless and nutrition focused events for students (Throughout the School Year)
- Families Connected Monthly Events: Multiple events throughout the year, such as family fun events, parent support groups and more! (Year long)
- Tree of Joy: Help organize, wrap and deliver hundreds of holiday gifts to The Arc participants and their families. (Fall and Winter)
- Holiday Celebrations: Multiple holiday parties for youth, adults and Families Connected. (Winter)
- Families Connected Summer Co-op: Meets twice a week to do fun projects in the park. (Summer)
- The Arc Carnival: Held at the end of summer on even numbered years. (Every other Summer)
To learn more how you can help people in our community and walk away feeling rewarded at having made a valuable difference, email Erika Hiner, Volunteer Coordinator, or call 541-343-5256 ext. 146.