After several days of careful consideration and deliberations on the COVID-19 pandemic, The Arc Lane County has decided to close its building until further notice. Fingerprinting operations for the U.S. Census are still happening, and the entrance on the west side of the The Arc building will remain open per normal U.S. Census hours.
Everything we do is with our client’s best interest in mind. Since we serve a vulnerable population, it is necessary for The Arc to close its doors to ensure the well-being of our clients, staff and the greater community.
While our physical building is closed, The Arc will continue to provide the following services:
- EmployAbility: The Arc will continue to support clients who are working in businesses. As long as these businesses remain open, The Arc will support clients in their jobs. The Arc will provide limited services for its World of Work program for young adults. For more information about The Arc’s employment services, please contact Devin Duerst (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Community Connectors: This program will remain open. In the event a family needs more direct support professionals while their child is at home, please contact Tommy Archuleta (email email@example.com).
- JumpStart and ESTEAM: These programs are closed until further notice.
- Stepping Out: This program is closed until further notice.
- Families Connected: All family fun events, meetings and trainings are canceled until further notice. Families Connected will continue to ensure families have access to resources and that they are able to support each other virtually during this time. Parents looking for support can join Families Connected by searching for The Arc Families Connected on Facebook and ask to join the private group.
In the weeks ahead, The Arc Lane County will be working with Oregon Governor Kate Brown, the Oregon Health Authority and the Office of Developmental Disabilities Services to determine when it is safe to reopen its doors and offer its full breadth of services.
Until then, we encourage everyone to engage in safe social distancing (a minimum of 3 feet between people) and continue with regular hand washing and sanitizing frequently touched services.
Please stay safe and healthy!
Executive Director, The Arc Lane County
Here are some food resources to help during this time: