Stepping Out provides supports to help adults who experience disabilities explore their communities and engage in recreational opportunities. All activities are person-centered and selected by the individual.
With Stepping Out, individuals 18 years of age and older can:
- Strengthen their interpersonal skills and make new friends
- Boost self-confidence and enhance self-esteem
- Learn new skills to help gain greater independence
- Engage in life-long learning and expand personal interests
- Learn to ride public transportation and explore the community
- Visit local museums, parks, festivals and restaurants
- Engage in fun recreation activities
To find out how to get involved, email Dottee Stacks, Stepping Out Associate Director, or call 541-343-5256 ext. 116.
Staff Pivots During Pandemic
Read how Direct Support Professional Angel Matthews continues to support Arc clients in the midst of the pandemic and how she is uplifting spirits with resiliency and creativity.
Funding for Adult Services
Funding for adult services is available through Lane County Developmental Disabilities and Full Access Brokerage. Adults seeking employment, must also be referred to Vocational Rehabilitation. Contact your service coordinator or personal agent to request a referral. If you have questions or need assistance, contact The Arc Lane County