Stepping Out provides supports to help adults who experience disabilities explore their communities and engage in recreational opportunities. All activities are person-centered and selected by the individual.
With Stepping Out, individuals 18 years of age and older can:
- Strengthen their interpersonal skills and make new friends
- Boost self-confidence and enhance self-esteem
- Learn new skills to help gain greater independence
- Engage in life-long learning and expand personal interests
- Learn to ride public transportation and explore the community
- Visit local museums, parks, festivals and restaurants
- Engage in fun recreation activities
To find out how to get involved, email Dottee Stacks, Stepping Out Associate Director, or call 541-343-5256 ext. 116.