The Arc believes in helping people not only be in the community but be a part of the community through integrated employment.
Whether it’s retail, manufacturing, clerical or food services, The Arc helps adults find jobs where they can utilize their strengths, contribute to their community and provide value.
There are several components to The Arc’s EmployAbility program including:
- Discovery – helps adults determine their employment preferences, interests and support needs.
- Employment Path – allows adults to explore potential opportunities, learn about their strengths and what it means to be employed
- World of Work – focuses on teaching workforce readiness to young adults (ages 18 to 26), which includes hands-on classroom learning and community-based internships
- Job Development & Coaching – helps adults with their job search and job placement and provides on-site job coaching.
- NEW! Summer Work Program – teaches teens and young adults (ages 16 to 21) about job readiness, job application & interview skills, digital citizenship, communication and more in a virtual classroom.
For more information about employment services, email Devin Duerst, Director of Employment Programs, or call 541-343-5256 ext. 103.