The Arc Lane County is a grassroots advocacy organization, ensuring people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families have the supports they need to live full lives in the communities in which they live.
In addition to advocating to protect the civil rights of people who experience disabilities, The Arc also provides supports and services to help people live, work and play in the community.
The Arc Lane County:
- Connects families and individuals who experience disabilities to information, resources and direct support professionals.
- Provides children and youth skill building and recreation programs.
- Teaches job readiness and computer skills to adults and secures employment for adults who want to work in the community.
- Supports adults in engaging in leisure and recreational programs in their communities.
- Provides individual advocacy to address education, employment and personal finance concerns.